Three times within the last few weeks I’ve read/heard about all the stuff that women keep in their purses.
First, I read a magazine article (fine! it was OK magazine while I was getting my nails done), then I got an email telling me that J.Crew is going to start doing “The handbag shop: Case study” which will take a look at a staffers bag each month, AND I also saw it on an episode of the Nate Berkus show. Â He said he couldn’t believe that we always carry these giant purses and wondered what exactly we have inside of them that they weigh so much? Â There was a lady on the show that carried a bra and an extra shirt just in case. Â I’m not THAT bad…but I do carry a bunch of essential stuff:
note: I like to have different bags/pouches to carry my things in just to keep everything slightly more organized.
1) Wallet with all the basic/important stuff
2) Little zip pouch where I keep my gift cards, discount cards and “buy 5 get one free” cards.
3) Pouch that carries coupons, check book, pen, sharpie, stamps, receipts, movie tickets, dental floss, excedrin (and other pills), etc…..
4) Glasses: regular and sun
5) Phone & ear phones, mirror, lip gloss, tweezers, hand cream, mini perfume, 1-3 lipsticks or balms with their liners, lip primer, gum, eye concealer and de-puffer, mini notebook, keys, key ring with frequent buyer cards, baby wipes and a cute hankie for disgusting hot days like the last few ones.
6) Pouch with women stuff
7) See thru pouch (to easily spot everything) with: emergency touch up make up, mini toothpicks, bandaids, disposable soap, emergency stash stomach ache meds and nail file
What’s in YOUR heavy bag?!