Three times within the last few weeks I’ve read/heard about all the stuff that women keep in their purses.
First, I read a magazine article (fine! it was OK magazine while I was getting my nails done), then I got an email telling me that J.Crew is going to start doing “The handbag shop: Case study” which will take a look at a staffers bag each month, AND I also saw it on an episode of the Nate Berkus show. He said he couldn’t believe that we always carry these giant purses and wondered what exactly we have inside of them that they weigh so much? There was a lady on the show that carried a bra and an extra shirt just in case. I’m not THAT bad…but I do carry a bunch of essential stuff:
note: I like to have different bags/pouches to carry my things in just to keep everything slightly more organized.
1) Wallet with all the basic/important stuff
2) Little zip pouch where I keep my gift cards, discount cards and “buy 5 get one free” cards.
3) Pouch that carries coupons, check book, pen, sharpie, stamps, receipts, movie tickets, dental floss, excedrin (and other pills), etc…..
4) Glasses: regular and sun
5) Phone & ear phones, mirror, lip gloss, tweezers, hand cream, mini perfume, 1-3 lipsticks or balms with their liners, lip primer, gum, eye concealer and de-puffer, mini notebook, keys, key ring with frequent buyer cards, baby wipes and a cute hankie for disgusting hot days like the last few ones.
6) Pouch with women stuff
7) See thru pouch (to easily spot everything) with: emergency touch up make up, mini toothpicks, bandaids, disposable soap, emergency stash stomach ache meds and nail file
What’s in YOUR heavy bag?!